警方封锁入口,禁止他人进入。
警方封锁入口,禁止他人进入。

Shooting at San Diego Islamic Center Leaves 5 Dead

Published at May 19, 2026 04:25 pm
Police in San Diego, California, stated on the 18th that a shooting occurred at a local Islamic center that day, resulting in five deaths, including two suspects.

During a news conference, police said that when the shooter opened fire, three adult males were killed outdoors, one of whom was a security guard at the Islamic center. The two suspects, aged 17 and 19, appeared to have died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds, and their bodies were found inside a car near the Islamic center.

Police noted that authorities received the alarm at around 11:40 a.m. local time, and quickly dispatched over a hundred officers to the scene to secure the area.

Police said that the deceased security guard "played a crucial role in reducing the severity of the attack." The police are currently treating the shooting as a hate crime and are working with the FBI for an in-depth investigation.

At a White House event, U.S. President Trump told media reporters that he had been briefed about the shooting and described the situation as "terrible."

According to U.S. media reports, the targeted Islamic center is the largest mosque in the San Diego area. The center also operates a school that teaches Arabic language and religious courses.


 

Author

联合日报newsroom


相关报道