特朗普不再与伊朗进行任何会谈或对话。
特朗普不再与伊朗进行任何会谈或对话。

CNN: Trump Instructs Negotiation Team to Cease Contact with Iran

Published at Aug 19, 2026 11:08 am
According to a report by CNN on the 18th, U.S. President Trump has instructed his negotiation team to stop engaging with the Iranian side.

The report, citing U.S. officials, stated that Trump is dissatisfied with Iran's unwillingness to meet his demands and wishes to resume contact only after Iranian leaders demonstrate new willingness and indicate they are ready to reach the agreement he seeks.

The report suggests that Trump is signaling a readiness to "distance himself" from the conflict, as efforts to reopen lines of dialogue have stalled and questions over Iran's involvement in the conflict continue to grow.

Additionally, according to a source familiar with the matter, White House officials have recently told political allies that the U.S. is adjusting its strategy, shifting from "dealing a swift heavy blow to Iran" to "gradually strangling Iran."

U.S. Treasury Secretary Besent warned last week that the U.S. would announce unprecedented economic isolation measures against Iran in the coming week, complementing the blockade at the Strait of Hormuz to prevent any goods from entering or leaving Iranian ports.

Currently and in the future, there will be no talks or dialogue with Iran

Meanwhile, on the 18th, Trump stated on social media that currently and in the future, he will not engage in any talks or dialogue with Iran.

He said that the U.S. naval blockade against Iran remains fully effective, the Strait of Hormuz is open and operating normally, and all sea mines have been removed or detonated.

Author

联合日报newsroom


相关报道