东加里曼丹省北巴沙巴鲁县巴沙巴鲁区斯潘村森林大火航拍照片,摄于2026年8月19日(星期三)。
东加里曼丹省北巴沙巴鲁县巴沙巴鲁区斯潘村森林大火航拍照片,摄于2026年8月19日(星期三)。

Ten Hectares of Forest Land Consumed by Fire in East Kalimantan; Joint Teams Battle All Night to Extinguish

Published at Aug 20, 2026 05:44 pm
A forest and land fire recently broke out in Sepan Village, North Penajam Paser Regency, East Kalimantan Province, Indonesia, affecting an area of 10.65 hectares. After joint teams fought the blaze from Wednesday afternoon until early Thursday morning, the fire was finally brought under control.

Nurlela, head of the North Penajam Paser Regency Disaster Management Agency (BPBD), said in Penajam Paser on Thursday that the ground at the fire site was mineral soil, covered with shrubs, trees, and piles of timber, allowing the fire to spread rapidly.

She said that on Wednesday (19th) at around 10 a.m., authorities detected hotspots using the Lembuswana monitoring system and subsequently dispatched community police officers from Sepan and Sotek villages to investigate.

"Personnel arriving at the scene found multiple hotspots that had already begun to spread. They immediately notified the Sotek fire station and coordinated with relevant agencies."

She pointed out that at 1:15 p.m., law enforcement personnel spotted the fire again during a routine patrol and officially reported it at 1:23 p.m.

After receiving the report, the North Penajam Paser Regency Disaster Management Agency immediately deployed personnel to the site through the operations control center and coordinated with relevant units to begin firefighting efforts.

The joint teams involved in the firefighting operation included local government agencies, security forces, forestry management units, private enterprises, and local residents, utilizing water tankers, mobile water pumps, and specialized forest fire response vehicles and equipment.

Nurlela said that firefighting and cooling operations continued until midnight, at which point open flames had been extinguished. However, there remained a large number of embers and smoldering hotspots at the site, and these could not be fully cleared at night due to safety risks.

She said that on Thursday morning, the joint team returned to the site for inspection, continuing cooling and cleanup efforts to prevent re-ignition of the fire.

Author

联合日报newsroom


相关报道