印尼国家搜救局行动人员正在东努沙登加拉省毛梅雷展开紧急救援,全力搜救并疏散被埋掩的受害者。
印尼国家搜救局行动人员正在东努沙登加拉省毛梅雷展开紧急救援,全力搜救并疏散被埋掩的受害者。

Flores Goes All-Out for Earthquake Relief: Military, Police and Medical Teams Rush to Disaster Area

Published at Aug 15, 2026 11:39 am
After the 7.7-magnitude earthquake struck northern Flores Island, East Nusa Tenggara Province (NTT) on Saturday, Governor Emanuel Melkiades Laka Lena quickly launched response actions, coordinating with county and district governments as well as central government departments to assess the disaster situation and the condition of the people.

Laka Lena stated in Kupang on Saturday that since early morning, the provincial government had been receiving reports from local leaders and residents across Flores Island, and immediately began coordination efforts to understand the latest conditions in the affected areas.

He said that authorities have maintained continuous contact with regents, deputy regents, and local government departments across Flores Island, while local governments have already launched initial relief operations to ensure the safety of residents.

"Since this morning, we have been continuously coordinating with all parties, regents, deputy regents, and government departments across Flores Island to understand the conditions in each area. The regents and deputy regents are also personally leading local earthquake response efforts."

Laka Lena pointed out that the East Nusa Tenggara provincial government had also coordinated with the Provincial Regional Leadership Coordination Forum (Forkopimda), as well as multiple central government departments and agencies, to seek disaster response support.

He said that authorities had contacted heads of the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB), Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Transportation, State Secretariat, as well as the Ministries of Basic and Secondary Education.

He revealed that the head of BNPB and his team are expected to travel to Flores Island on Sunday (the 16th) to carry out initial disaster response work and continue to assist disaster-affected residents.

Meanwhile, the Indonesian police and military have prepared personnel to go to Flores Island to assist in disaster response and rescue operations.

At present, personnel from the East Nusa Tenggara Provincial Police Headquarters, Army personnel from the 161/Wirasakti Kupang Military Command, Navy personnel from the 7th Naval Regional Command, and personnel from the El Tari Air Base have all joined the support operations.

Laka Lena said he had also received notices from the Provincial Chief of Police, Military Regional Commander, Commander of the 7th Naval Regional Command, and El Tari Air Base, that their respective units had prepared teams to go to Flores Island to help deal with the aftermath of the earthquake and assist affected residents.

Author

联合日报newsroom


相关报道