“洪迪厄斯”号邮轮。
“洪迪厄斯”号邮轮。

"Hondius" Cruise Ship to Arrive at Rotterdam Port on the 18th; Most Crew to be Quarantined for 6 Weeks

Published at May 16, 2026 11:33 am
(Netherlands, 16th) The Dutch government stated on the 15th that the "Hondius" cruise ship, which experienced a hantavirus outbreak, is expected to arrive at the Port of Rotterdam on the 18th. At that time, most of the crew members will undergo a 6-week quarantine in the Netherlands.

Previously, the cruise operator "Oceanwide Expeditions" said in a statement that there are currently 25 crew members and 2 medical personnel on board, with nationalities including Philippines, Netherlands, Ukraine, Russia, and Poland.

In a letter to the House of Representatives that day, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Health stated that after the ship arrives, Dutch nationals will quarantine at home, while other crew members who cannot immediately return to their home countries will temporarily stay at designated quarantine sites. Among them, 17 Filipino crew members will be quarantined in the Netherlands for 6 weeks.

The Rotterdam city government and related agencies are preparing for the crew quarantine, transfer of leftover luggage, and ship disinfection after the "Hondius" cruise docks. After the ship is thoroughly disinfected, the Dutch health and disease prevention authorities will conduct a comprehensive inspection and assessment to determine whether the vessel can sail again.

The Dutch government said that since May 10th, a total of 54 people from the "Hondius" cruise have been evacuated to the Netherlands on three flights, and all tested negative for Andes virus. Excluding those who have returned to their home countries, there are still 25 people under quarantine observation in the Netherlands.

Author

联合日报新闻室


相关报道