工作人员28日转移遗体。
工作人员28日转移遗体。

【Hong Fu Yuen Level 5 Fire】HK Security Bureau: Death Toll Rises to 128, Foam Surrounding Windows Fueled Spread

Published at Nov 28, 2025 04:01 pm
On the 26th, a fire broke out at Hong Fu Yuen in Tai Po, New Territories, marking the most serious fire in Hong Kong in decades. At a press conference on the 28th, Secretary for Security Chris Tang said that the Tai Po fire has resulted in 128 fatalities and 79 injuries.

Tang stated that it cannot be ruled out that more charred bodies may be found after police enter the scene to collect evidence. So far, 467 missing person reports have been received, with the status of 200 people still unknown.
The death toll is expected to rise. Photo taken late night on the 27th.
Tang said that the scaffolding netting at Hong Fu Yuen met fire resistance requirements upon inspection, but the foam used to surround windows was highly flammable, causing the fire to spread. It is believed that the fire initially started at the lower floors of Hong Cheung House’s scaffolding and, after igniting the foam panels, quickly spread and affected other buildings.

The police are expected to enter the scene later on the 28th to collect evidence, with the investigation likely to be completed in three to four weeks.

Hong Kong Fire Services Department Director Yang Yan-kin stated that firefighting, rescue, and search operations were completed at 10:18 am on the 28th. Twelve firefighters were injured during the incident, with one still in the intensive care unit receiving treatment.

Author

联合日报newsroom


相关报道